Monday, March 26, 2012

The last days

I have been a culprit. I promised myself that I will post a blog every term of college (come rain or nuclear disaster) but I have not. Though I cannot be entirely blamed. My friends kept increasing at the rate of inflation everyday and I had (probably for the fist time) unlimited and unhindered fun.
I would not say the MBA has changed my life, but yes it has corrected it a lot. It has removed and added filters through which I saw and perceived outside as well as inside. The true 'learning' has been "to learn who you are" from the viewpoint of 300 equal minded people (some being more equal than others!). When I took the decision to do my MBA, I was really not sure whether it was entirely correct. When I walk out the gate of Great Lakes; I would be sure of one thing: I took the right decision.
Yesterday I gave my last exam; after the moment of euphoria there was a long silence in the aisles of my mind. It took a while to sink in that I had completed 1 year; I had survived. More important than that, was the feeling I would be leaving my friends here for good. There would be the occasional meet; but it would never be the same. This MBA has taught me a lot of jargons but never taught me how to say goodbye without a lump in my throat. I made some friends instantly at Great Lakes, some late and probably lost the opportunity to make some more. The biggest gain from the college has been this interaction. From debates in class to arguments on the games arena to the constructive criticism by peers and friends alike; we have grown so much in this 1 year that would have taken us ages outside.
I am not sure whether I want to continue writing and write about my emotions that have been going through the roller coaster ride but let that be a different write up. MBA. Finally. Was feeling happy with this status update yesterday, now sentiments and nostalgia build up every time I think of it. I have to leave in a few days but I don't want to. I do not want to go away from this college, from my friends and from this batch.
All good things must come to end, but why should they? As a professor in my college said, good questions don't have answers. I will walk out in a few days, proud to have been a past of the Spartans Batch, the class of 2012.

3 comments: